Thursday, August 25, 2016

Long day

Today was a long day.

It started with a company-wide meeting at 8:30.  The CEO of our franchise is visiting so he gave a presentation to everyone.  Then we all returned to the office to get caught up on real work.  I left the office at 5:15, stopped for gas on the way home, then took the dogs for a longer walk since the temperature was moderate and the humidity was low.  I left the house again at 7:00 to attend a mandatory cocktail hour followed by dinner with my sales team and the CEO.  I didn't get home until 10:20.

That's basically a 14-hour work day.

But what made it a little easier to tolerate is the knowledge that I am off work for the next 4 days, which is very unusual.  I'm not 'doing anything' special and did not request to be off those days.  It just worked out that way with our team schedule that I ended up with being off Thurs - Sun.  

Now, let's see what I will get myself into with 4 consecutive days off in a row!

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

you probably went out to eat, took a ride in big ella, relaxed with spouse and dogs, amirite?

Ur-spo said...

Hopefully get some sleep.