Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas recap, part 1

We had a really wonderful Christmas!  I've got too many photos and stories for 1 post so I'm going to break it up into a few posts.

I was off on Thurs and already had all the gifts wrapped so I decided to do some baking.  I bought aluminum pans with plastic lids to make the food easier to transport.
While this may LOOK like regular brownies, they're actually peppermint chocolate chip brownies.  I took a regular box brownie mix and added chocolate chips and pulverized candy canes to the batter.  They were delicious!

This is the classic corn casserole I've made a thousand times, but its a family favorite and I knew it would go well with the casual Christmas eve/Evelyn's birthday party dinner we have.  Click HERE for the recipe.

I made 5 dozen classic chocolate chip cookies (no nuts).  For the recipe look on the back of a bag of Nestle's chocolate chips.  These were yummy too.
I made 2 pans of breakfast casserole.  I sprayed the pan with cooking spray, then added shredded potatoes, cut up maple sausage, and cheddar cheese, then repeated these layers.  In a bowl I beat a dozen eggs, some milk and some sour cream, then poured it over the layers and seasoned with salt & pepper, then baked it.  The family really loved this and I thought it was really good too.  We stored it in the fridge and just warmed it up on Christmas morning.

Spouse & I arrived at his sister's house shortly after 9pm on Thurs night, but sat up talking (and snacking) until nearly 2am.  Our 2 nephews were both home from college so there were 6 of us plus Marvin & Walter, but it worked out.

More to come.

No comments: